Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Microwave Fire

No, I didn't set our appliances on fire, that is the name of the fire that Rex has been on for the last 5 days. He has been working on the night crew up in the Hood River area fighting the 1,200 acre fire. We miss him like crazy!! He is so amazing and works incredibly hard, with little sleep and I never hear him complain. He really enjoys this summer job and I am grateful that he likes what he does. He grew up around a fire crew ( his dad has been supervisor over fire crews in Sweet Home forever) so this is nothing new. But, I still think it is a dangerous job and I like it much better when he is home :) I love this guy, we can't wait to have him home!


He is such a hottie, gotta love a guy in a uniform!

This tiny picture is from fire school, him and his dad have been there together 2 years in a row. I know it is fun for both of them!

2 comments:

Brittany Rigby said...

http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-shirt-dress.html

You will love this site. You can make a dress for your girls out of an old mens dress shirt. They are so cute and I almost wish I had a girl to make one for. Happy sewing!

Hemenway said...

Sad that Rex has to be gone so much, but I do really admire him for what he does. Props to Fireman Rex.