Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Two yummy recipes

If you know me you know I love to cook and bake! Well, when the girls are sleeping or occupied I love to try new recipes and make yummy treats! I also like to make them somewhat healthy so that I don't feel so guilty when I eat them all up. :) Here is a recipe for yummy low-fat chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon swirl potato bread. Enjoy!

I got the original recipe from my HERSHEY cook book, which I love! I modified it a bit to be low-fat. These cookies are sooooo good and stay nice and soft until they are all gone!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg whites
2 cups chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375
Mix all the wet ingredients until light and creamy.
Mix all the dry ingredients. Gradually add dry to wet.
Mix in chocolate chips .
Bake for 8-9 minutes on a lightly greased cookie sheet.



I pour all the ingredients for this bread into the bread machine and press "dough". When it is all done I take it out and shape it to fit into a bread pan.


Potato Bread (for bread machine)
2/3 cup potato water
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 egg
1/3 cup mashed potatoes ( i use instant or leftovers)
2 tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. yeast


When dough is finished, take out and pat flat. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over dough and roll up. Pinch ends and fold under. Place dough in a greased bread pan. Bake at 375 for 30 min. or until done.




No one can resist fresh baked bread and butter!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipes, Britney! We need to paint our stuff soon. Are you open Thursday morning?

amydear said...

I want to try the bread just like Annie. Yum! I'll have to try some cookies with no butter. But I'll admit, I'm kind of scared!