Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

This past weekend was full of different emotions. We celebrated Easter and all that our Savior has done for us and we also celebrated my mom's one year anniversary.

I think about the last year and how is has been the hardest year of my life. Many tears, long talks with my sweet understanding husband, sharing stories with friends about mom and really letting it sink in that she isn't here anymore. It may sound weird but sometimes I feel like she's not gone. I remember her so well, her voice, her laugh, everything about who she was and it is almost impossible for me to convince myself that she isn't here. I miss her more than I can explain. I wish she was here to see my sweet kids and baby Olivia. I wish I could talk to her and get her mothering advise about raising kids, all my cooking and sewing questions.... I just wish she was here. I relied on her more than I knew and I am still adjusting to being without her. I still think about her everyday, wishing I could call her and ask if she wants to run to the store with me or go on a walk with me and the girls. My feel my heart swell and my eyes fill with water when I look at my sweet baby and think how she was just with mom. I wish I could ask Olivia about her. Mom loves babies. I ask myself, how am I supposed to live the rest of my life without mom ...... I am so thankful for my friends who have taken good care of me, my sister for always being there, and most of all my husband. I wouldn't have survived the last year without Rex. He is my rock and the reason that I am happy. He listened to me talk about the same fears and frustrations over and over and wiped away millions of tears. He always knows how to cheer me up and hasn't left my side through the last year. Thank you Rex, I love you so much.

I love you mom. I miss you more as the time passes, but I promise to make you proud and to help your memory live on. Always.


We started off the weekend just the right way. One of my best friends and a friend of mom's, Amy, organized a memorial walk in honor of mom. It was sunny and beautiful and we walked along the river. We had a good turn out from Cal Young staff, family and church friends. Thank you Amy, you are amazing and I love you!

Me and Olivia spending quality time together, while she is awake :)

The girls and I dipped peeps into chocolate and decorated with sprinkles to give to friends and neighbors. They loved it! Macey concentrating on the sprinkles.

Annie making a huge mess....oh well, it was really fun!

Hopefully my girls will love cooking and baking as much as me.... they sure like to eat all the treats!

Aren't they cute?

Sweet baby sleeping cozy and warm. I couldn't resist taking her picture :)

My good friend Shauna was awesome enough to put a little Easter egg hunt together in her huge back yard, the kids loved it and had a great time! Thanks Shauna!

Macey looking for eggs, she found like 7 :)

Awww sweet.... I made Annie hug her :)

We spent a could of hours at the cemetery with mom as a family. My sister and her family, dad and us were all there. The sun was shining and we just relaxed talking about good times. The kids were great and just explored all over.

Heather got the girls all matching Easter dresses which were soooo cute!!! I was so excited and they looked great Sunday morning. Thanks Heather!!

Our family picture on Easter Sunday.

5 comments:

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

That last picture is perfect. Everyone looks so happy and Olivia's expression is adorable. I am so glad that we were able to come down. I love you!

Lana said...

A wonderful post!

amydear said...

I am glad your weekend was positive, overall. Your family looked so cute on Easter. I don't know if we'll ever get over your mom being gone, but I'm glad you have Rex to help you!

SusieQ said...

Very touching post Britney. I loved attending your mom's memorial walk. It was such a great way to honor her. I love her and miss her.
Your family Easter picture is really cute!! You need to frame that one.

Unknown said...

Britney,

Hi. Your dad and I love the Easter pictures. We love all of your pictures and posts, actually. :) But, I do like seeing the girls in their Easter dresses with you and Rex. :)

We also really like the photos of Olivia rolled up like a burrito with the girls around her. Very cute.

Thanks for letting us play with Annie today. We had a blast.

Love,

Heather and Dad