Monday, April 11, 2011

Sweet baby Olivia

Well, we are going on 10 days old!! Our sweet baby is doing great even though last week was a bit rough and emotional. When Olivia went in for her 3 day check up the dr. noticed that she looked a bit jaundiced. They did a blood test and her jaundice levels were higher than they should be and she was re-admitted to the hospital. My sweet girl had to lay under a billi-blanket (a blanket that gives off UV rays to help her jaundice levels go down) for almost 3 days. It was hard to see her just laying there. We couldn't hold her, only if I was feeding her, and then back into the bed. She did great. She laid there and soaked up all those UV's like a champ. The nurses and doctors at our hospital are AMAZING and continually checked on us. Rex and I are fortunate enough to have amazing friends and family to watch the girls so we could both be there with her. I am grateful that Rex was there with me because it was an emotional couple of days waiting for her to get better and it was hard to not hold my new baby. I am so grateful that she is doing great now. Her levels are back down and she is a really good baby. I am thankful for all the prayers and support that we received :)


Here she is under her warm billi-blanket.

She would sleep and eat and that is about it. I am so happy she did so well under the lights because it really helped her heal quickly.
Laying with dad in the sun during a quick break from the bed.
At home with the girls. They really missed her and I really missed them. I was so happy to be home with our family.
I love this picture! Ahhhh, relaxing in front of the glass door.....being a baby is great.

3 comments:

Scott and Svetlana said...

Baby Olivia is really cute! Love that last picture! Made me do the same at least 2 times.
So happy that your baby is feeling well now and you are all together now!
Congratulations to the parents!

Unknown said...

We are so glad that she's home too. She is adorable!

Chante' said...

So glad you are all home and baby Olivia is doing better. Praise the Lord! I think she looks like Miss Macey a bit! :-) Love you!