Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Bench to Remember

Just the other day Rex told me that they put in this sweet thoughtful bench for mom at Cal Young Middle school(where dad and Rex work). I was so touched that we packed up a lunch and went to eat there in memory of mom. The staff at Cal Young is so amazing and they loved mom, they truly feel like family. Thank you Diana, we love you!!

We miss you mom and love you tons!



Later on in the day, we got home from the grocery store and had locked ourselves out. Thankfully the downstairs bathroom window was cracked open a bit so I had Annie climb in the window (which she thought was so cool) and unlock the door for us. I called her my hero and she was beaming the rest of the day.

All this went on while my moo slept in her car seat with food dried on her little face....cute!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for Annie the superhero! How thoughtful of the school to put up that bench. Your mom is remembered lovingly by many people.

Begay Family said...

Brit, That brought tears to my eyes. That is so awesome what they did for your mom. I am sure she did a lot for the school. I remember when she sold cookies to are school back in the day. I bought one every day unless they were sold out which happen often because they were SO GOOD! I will forever miss your mom. I love you!

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Macey looks just like you in that picture, when she is asleep. And the bench is so sweet. Thanks for talking to me today, we'll figure something out about the matter at hand!

Katelyn Graves said...

I love the picnic on the bench- what a great way to continue to remember your sweet mom. As for the being locked out you guys could always come sleep on our floor again if you need to! ;)

amydear said...

I will have to sit on the bench next time I'm near Cal Young. I miss your Mom soooo much!

Lana said...

That is a precious picture of your kids on that bench. I miss your Mom so very much!!!!