Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Gifts to Share

Here are a few pictures of some awesome gifts that we received this year. I love them because they are homemade!

My dad and brothers made me this coat rack. Pretty cool huh? I love that my family is so artistic. They made it out of an old window and replaced the glass with mirror. Then attached the door knobs as coat hooks. I LOVE IT!! I needed one so bad and my family is so awesome that they made one for me! Thanks guys!

Each year for Christmas, birthday...any occasion that gifts are involved I always try to incorporate some sort of Russian themed gift. This year, with some help form a friend that served in Russia on her mission, I made Rex this sign. It says, "always yours". I was so excited to give it to him and he loved it!

Here is the quilt that Donna made us. Annie has one too which is absolutely beautiful and has a matching pillow case, but it is packed away. We wanted to get a picture of this one too before it goes into hibernation until next Christmas. I know she worked so hard and it really shows!! My mom got me a really cool cupcake cookbook too. I didn't think that you would want to see a picture of a book, but I will take pictures when I have made some of the creations inside!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That coat rack is soooo cool! I love that your family is artistic too. It's so fun to come to your houses and see the new creations.

amydear said...

Love the coat rack. Can't wait to see it in person (and order something from your Dad!). The quilts will be so fun to pull out every Christmas too.