Tuesday, December 9, 2008

O, Christmas tree


Annie jumping to Grandma!

Yeah, we have our tree!! On Saturday we met Rex's parents up at Lava Lake ( by Sisters) and went hiking out in the woods looking for the perfect tree. The girls fell asleep on the way up and continued to nap so my wonderful mother-in-law stayed in the car with them. Thanks Donna!! Rex and I had a great time looking for our tree as my father-in-law lead the way! After searching, we finally found the right tree and I sawed it down myself. :) Then we went out to dinner at a yummy restaurant in Sisters. On the way home we drank hot chocolate and listened to Christmas music. It was a great day as a family. I love our days together and when we share those days it really gives me a chance to look at the wonderful blessings in my life, epically my sweet family.



All of us in front of the tree.

The finished product! I love to plug the lights in and enjoy the warm glow!


All of us after the hunt is over. Annie wasn't to excited about how cold it was.



Posing by our find. It was a beautiful day for tree hunting. Even though there wasn't any snow this year, we still had a great time!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for Christmas tree adventures! We'll definitely be joining you next year.

Unknown said...

you're the cutest tree saw"er" down"er" ever. i'm so proud of you!! ;-)

amydear said...

I wanted a tall, skinny tree! What fun. I think we'll try this method next year, especially if it involves a nice dinner in Sisters.

Paramedic Kris said...

Cute tree and cute pics! I'm glad you guys are so happy! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness! Annie and Macey are darling little girls! I love Annie's eyes. I knew you had to have a blog... I just didn't know how to get it! I'm so glad :) I've only seen one picture of Annie and Ryan when they were both Macey's age or younger! It is so fun to catch up with you guys. You look so great and you guys are just as happy as can be. The video with Rex hitting Annie with the pillow is hilarious! Zak is the same with Emrie. We need to talk cuz I just have so much to say! So, does Brianne live by you? And is the rest of your family living in the same town? How fun that you're all together. Well, I look forward to more posts! Zak says hello and we love all of you!