Wednesday, April 25, 2012

mom

It has been two years since my mom passed away. I miss her so much. Everyday. Sometimes it still doesn't feel real. I want her to be here to hold my babies, answer my cooking and sewing questions, make late night shopping trips to Old Navy and Target, get mothering advise from and just to talk on the phone with. Even though she isn't here in person, I know she is an angel watching over me and my family. Rex used to tease me because my mom and I used to talk on the phone EVERYDAY even if we had already seen each other eariler in the day. She was the best mom you could ever dream of. As the time passes I keep realizing there are so many ways that mom and I are alike. Which makes me smile. Like a part of her lives in me. And that makes me smile even more. Like the way that we both have a special love for brownies. And that I have to make the bed every morning and have the sink cleared of any dishes before I go to bed. I love to exersize just like her. I love being a stay at home mom and wife, just like her. The way I talk Rex into dinning in at our house. Convincing him that I can make the same yummy food way better than any resturant can......just like she did to dad. One of my best frieds Amy, who was close with mom and ran a marothon with her, came to Cottage Grove. We had a picnic and talked about mom while the kids ran around. It was beautiful weather too. We visited her grave site and had homemade pizza and chocolate cheesecake in her honor. We looked at old family photos. It was nice. I love her so much and I know that I am truley blessed to have a mom like her. Love you mom.
This is at Annie's 2nd birthday. I love this picture. We had a panda party and my mom conviced my brothers and dad to dress in black and white.... like a panda. Just for Annie. I love how my "family" sign is perfectly above my family.
This is Easter, just a couple weeks before mom passed away. She made all the kids easter clothes and of course we had a yummy and wonderful family brunch. Good memories......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We all miss your mom and love her too. She is an incredible woman! I know you would much rather prefer her to be on earth with you, but I'm glad she's watching out for you and your family still.

Anonymous said...

Britney, it is so sweet And touching to read your feelings and memories. Mary Kay has always said how much you are like her. You are so strong and you always amaze me with your happiness and positivity!

Chante' said...

I think of you and your mama so often. I can't believe two years have gone by. You are, indeed, so much like her. A true joy. Blessed by you. Sending my love your way.