Monday, September 13, 2010

What a Day!

We had an interesting day on Friday. Started out like any other day. I drove down to Cottage Grove to open the bank/house for my dad so some big new windows could be delivered. On the way Annie threw up all over her clothes and car seat. Awesome. We pulled over on the side of the road and took off all her clothes and used baby wipes to clean everything up. But I didn't know I only had 4 wipes left. Joy. So on the the building. She was fine and happy as she played in the car naked while the windows were delivered. We got home, cleaned up and relaxed the afternoon away. Then at dinner that night we were eating our big salads (Friday night is salad night) and realized Macey was putting her finger in her nose and her eyes were watering. I whisked her out of her chair, got a flashlight and laid her down only to realize that she shoved a piece of carrot WAY up her nose. I could barley see it. So off the the urgent care we went. Thank goodness there was no line and she was taken right in. She kept telling the nurse, "carrot in my nose" and it was really cute, considering the circumstances. Next the dr. used the biggest pair of tweezers I have ever seen and stuck them so far up her nose I couldn't watch. My poor baby. But out came the carrot and it was huge too! I have no idea how she got that so far up there but it was the size of your pinkie finger nail. Imagine that in a baby nose. Yeah, I know. Anyway she got a sticker and was happy as a clam. Then night ended well with my dad offering to baby sit so we could catch a movie together. What a long day but it is great being a mom.


This is a picture of my cute new wall my sister designed. She has a great eye for design. I love it!! I have decide that she is going to have to decorate my whole house...... whenever we actually get a house:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That is some day. I love your attitude about all of it, so happy and loving your life. You're a great example of having a positive attitude!

Lana said...

Some people think that being a Mom is boring! They have no idea! Keep smiling! When you have a day like that you know the next day just has to be better :o)

Diana said...

That's hilarious. Last halloween Madeline kept shoving nerds up her nose, and it took us a while to figure out where the florescent snot was coming from!

PS- I think we're coming through Oregon at the end of the month. It would be fun to see you guys!