Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BNL

On Sunday afternoon (don't judge too much :) my dad and I drove up to Portland where Brianne and I went to a Barenaked Ladies concert. It was sooo much fun! See, the BNL (barenaked ladies) is my mom's favorite group. She loves them! For my 15th d-day my parents took me and Brianne to one of their concerts and they have been going ever since. My dad bought these tickets months ago and they were a b-day present for my mom. She was sooo excited! Mom's d-day was 2 weeks ago and so dad gave the tickets to me and Brianne to go instead. Thanks to mom playing their music all the time, we knew all the songs and had all their cd's thanks to dad.

We had a great time just talking before the concert started and as the lights went down and the music started and the band appeared, my eyes filled with tears. I kept thinking, mom would have loved this. It should be her and dad here. We loved every second of that concert and we decided that every time they come to Portland, we will be there. Brianne is my best friend and being there with her made it perfect! She is so much fun to hang out with! Love you sis! Thanks dad, it was a blast!


They are sooo funny! They talked to the audience in between each song and you can tell by their chemistry that they are all best friends.

Snapping pictures right before it started!


You will all know this song......

5 comments:

Brittany Rigby said...

I am glad that you guys had a great day! (Even if it was Sunday) I wish that we could hang out every once and a while. But I am glad that you guys are doing good! Love Brittany PS tell Rex congrats on graduating! He should work in Wyoming, they have great schools!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Britney. That sounds like so much fun! And even better that it was for your mom, so bittersweet. You girls look so great! I'm glad you had fun.

amydear said...

Keep smiling! It's great to see you and Brianne having fun. I hope there are more happy days ahead.

Mauri said...

britney. i know it is hard as well as good to do things to remember you mom. my hugs have been going your way this whole time.
but just so you know...i love the Barenaked Ladies! have you heard there kids cd "SnackTime!" it really is a classic...

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

I had so much fun with you! I can't wait to see you so soon. I will call you and we can get our plans set! love you (and Ed too)!