Sunday, July 5, 2009

Festivities on the 4th

We had a great fourth, I love this holiday and I can't really put my finger on why. Maybe the parades, delish food, fireworks, dressing up my kids in patriotic colors, or getting together with friends and family. I love it! We started the day off at a parade which the girls did great at! Even though it was 90 degrees in the blistering sun, we just slathered on the sunscreen and enjoyed watching lots of firetrucks, horses, cars, and having candy thrown at us. Annie liked the candy part, even though she can't eat any of it because it is all old lady butterscotch candy. Oh, well it was a blast. We saw Rex in the parade. He was there in a big ODF firetruck and sprayed us with water. Which was immediately followed by both of our kids crying.. they didn't like it very much.
:) Then we had naps, hallelujah, and then went to a bbq at my parents. It was so much fun. Really good food that just hit the spot topped off with handmade homemade ice cream in a bag. We finished the night off by doing sparklers....only a few burn marks in a blanket, and listening to my mom sing holiday appropriate songs at the top of her lungs :) We love this country and are grateful for our freedom!

At the parade, we really had fun!
Look at those eyes!! I just love my sweet Macey! She is so good and very well tempered!
One of my many attempts to get a picture of the girls in their cute outfits from Grandma Basting!! Thanks grandma!!
Making ice cream in a bag...yum! I made mint chip!
Sparklers..... Annie wasn't too sure,
And Macey would rather look at the fence than look at my lovey sparkler!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those dresses are so cute! Glad you had a good day. You three girls should spray Rex, just to get him back. :)

Brianne Pitts-Wells said...

Mom was singing? Aye. And the picture of Macey is B-E-A-utiful!!! And the one of the girls is so stinkin' cute too. It sounds like you had a good time! Wish we could've done something together!! Love you!

amydear said...

I'm so happy to see Brady's haircut! Glad you had a good 4th of July. Wish I could have heard your mom singing. So funny.