Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Macey turned 5!

I love birthdays. They are so fun. Especially for my kids. I always ask them for a theme and this year Macey told me that she wanted a turtle party. I am not sure how she came up with it, but she was very clear that she wanted a turtle party. So... I went to work on coming up with different ideas. And after looking and thinking and being creative, we had ourselves a turtle party. It was so fun and everything was cute! Lots of green food and green treats and really cute cupcakes. Macey was very happy and she deserves it.... she is so sweet!

I always tell each of my girls that they are all special to me is some way and different from their sisters and I always tell Macey I love her so much because she was my biggest baby. I remember that day so clearly. The day my sweet Macey was born. She was perfect with nice chubby legs. Now she is in pre-school, learning to read, riding her scooter and bike like a pro, taking care of her younger sisters and she is my good eater. She eats all her food. I love her sweet face, beautiful curly soft hair and her little voice. I am so grateful that she is my big baby and is part of our family. I LOVE YOU Macey!!

Here she is with her turtle cake. Yes that is just a turtle toy that I found and stuck it on top, but it looks so cute!!

Turtle cupcakes. I love these. They turned out great!

Turtle shaped bread. The kids loved the bread with butter. We also had green grapes, green oreos, and chocolate dipped pretzels with green sprinkles.

Taking a swing at her pinata.....they did NOT have a turtle. But I don't blame them, it's kinda random.

All her little friends and cousins. We had so much fun! We played hot potato but instead of a potato we used a turtle stuffed animal. We played to the musical stylings of One Direction and when ever the music would stop, all the girls would still be singing. It was hilarious. 

Totally unrelated to any birthday stuff, this cute baby is crawling EVERYWHERE!! She is trying really hard right here to get that marker. I am pretty sure right after I took this she got stuck under our table. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Macey! Love your party theme. You're so lucky to have a great mommy.